...through a commitment to quality and to creative,
Receptionist/Admin Job Posting
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position is an important one at TCF. This role often provides the first impression of our organization both through personal professionalism and maintaining office order and cleanliness. The Receptionist will provide front-office support as a member of the Administrative team with responsibilities as outlined below.
- Welcome, screen and place guests – Project Owners, subconsultants, vendors, sales and product representatives, etc.
- Answer incoming calls on a multi-line phone system –screen and direct callers
- Schedule conference calls
- Review incoming company emails and respond to and/or triage effectively
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of interior and exterior common areas, storage and plants
- Kitchen – make coffee, unload/run dishwasher, keep kitchen clean, tidy and stocked, alert when kitchen supplies need to be ordered, clean out refrigerator, set-up/clean-up snacks
- Restrooms – make sure they are clean and stocked
- Printer/Supply Room – restock copiers, printers and plotters with toner/paper supplies, keep clean and organized
- Receive/stock office supplies and alert when need to be ordered
- Distribute incoming mail
- Process internal shipping requests and mass mailings
- Support Principals and staff
- Project-related tasks such as printing and organizing large architectural sets and reports
- Copy, scan and file contracts and other documents
- Create new client file folders, binders, and electronic files
- Log invoices
- Order print jobs from off-site vendor
- Archive project documents and drawings
- Handle sensitive documents and confidential information with integrity.
- Update and distribute employee phone lists and phone hot buttons
- Courier documents/items to various organizations with fixed delivery times
- Participate in event coordination and office decoration
- Back-up staff on specifications
- Assist with collateral such as proposals and brochures
- Coordinate conference room and calendar schedules
- Book dining reservations for group lunches and as requested
- Maintain office-wide schedule; keep an active list of birthdays and events
- Other duties as assigned
An Ideal Candidate will:
- Have 3+ years of general administrative, reception or similar relevant experience.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
- Know responsibilities such as maintaining a clean office environment and making coffee and copies add value to the organization as much as any other responsibility.
- Desire to do things correctly without external motivators.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with others, verbally and in writing. Recognize when details are vague and seek clarification.
- Possess high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Successfully juggle shifting priorities and tasks from multiple sources in a fast-paced environment.
- Volunteer when others need assistance.
- Create positive interactions and maintain a pleasant attitude.
- Retain a legal driver’s license, operable vehicle and insurance.
- Lift and move 30+ lbs.
- Expect excellence and keep commitments.
- Be an upbeat, energetic, responsible, dependable, trustworthy person
- Take pride in your work.
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook. Ability with Adobe Creative Cloud and databases is a plus.
- Full-time position.
- Hourly rate for this position is DOE.
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, health, vision and dental insurance; life insurance; and an exceptional 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing contributions
- Located in Tacoma, WA, currently 35 staff members.
Upload your resume, cover letter, and portfolio here.
No phone or email job inquiries, please.